Saturday, August 2, 2008

DeWitt




At the last minute Dan added another race to our already busy summer schedule. This triathlon was in DeWitt, IA only about an hour from Dubuque.
Can I say that this was the best triathlon ever? This was the best triathlon ever! I came in second! Of course I missed hearing my name called during the awards ceremony because I was busy taking a shower. Dan and I didn't bother to check our times before showering so we didn't know that we should have stuck around for the ceremony. When I was coming out of the locker room (the race ended at the high school which was open for us to use the showers) Dan was waving furiously at me and told me that I came in second. After they were done handing out the rest of the awards I went up and got my plaque.
The second picture is of me and Dan being excited and surprised that I came in second.
The bottom picture is of Cricket and what she does while we are busy huffing and puffing our way through the race.
Did I mention that Dan gave himself a mohawk for the race?

1 comment:

Luscher's said...

Congrats Rachel. You guys both did a great job. We love Dan's new hairstyle and are also glad to see an appearance from Whiskers. Sounds like you had a busy triathlon season. Are you guys over in Beijing now? Steph, DJ, Cole, and Annie