Thursday, September 29, 2011

Timber

Before...
During...



After.

So this skinny little guy shows up at our door by himself saying that he is here to take down the two big pine trees in our front yard. By himself. All I could think of was, really? By yourself? No way. Can't you wait until your employee (our neighbor) is home from high school? Strangely I would have felt better if a high school kid was helping him. Silly me, he took those trees down in no time. It took longer cleaning up the fallen branches than the actual cutting. Calvin had fun throwing little branches that were scattered on the driveway back into the large pile of branches. I am sorry that I didn't get any pictures of the stump grinder destroying the tree stumps. That thing was a monster or as Calvin would say, monter. Now we just have to get the flag pole out of there, a new tree planted, grass seed down and growing, and more plants along the garage wall. Since Calvin has decided this week not to take naps I will be sure to put him to work digging holes. That should wear him out.

No comments: