Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent calendar and Christmas tree





This year I made little paper boxes and stuffed them with small trinkets for Calvin's advent calendar.  So far the hits have been a tiny little cup in the shape of a puppy to drink out of, Mickey Mouse socks, and Uno.  Oh yes, the harmonica is also a lot of fun.  Not too surprisingly Calvin is better at the harmonica than I am.  Cricket is strangely drawn to Calvin when he is playing his instrument, as he calls it.  I took him to a concert on Monday night so he could see and hear people playing musical instruments.  He had a good time but his good behavior quickly turned naughty after the friends we were with decided to misbehave.  So we left and went to buy doughnuts.  Unfortunately he can talk me into pretty much any bad idea.  Sometimes I wonder who is really running this show!  Sorry for the digression.  Back to the pictures.  I made this tree and the ornaments for Calvin to decorate and play with.  I then said something about putting up lights on the tree so Dan and Calvin went to town.  I think this might be our only tree for the year! 

No comments: